Strong & Secure
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System are a logical inclusion when extra strength and safety is required in commercial or residential buildings.
Proven ability to safely retain blades when subjected to heavy loads.
Allows abundant fresh air to save on electricity.
Provides greater design flexibility in buildings.
Privacy or shading options available when screened.
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louvre blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades only able to be removed using a tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
The Stronghold System can be used in multi-story applications. A balcony enclosure or wintergarden can be created to provide extra year-round living space or as a barrier against outdoor noise. Occupants can enjoy the winter sun in a protected spot or take advantage of fresh breezes.
The Stronghold System is fit for purpose where openable windows are required to safeguard against a fall of 1 metre or more. As the entire glazed area can be opened to allow airflow they can be used to maximise natural ventilation and cooling in multi level applications. Ideal for windows that require extra strength in bedrooms or wet rooms.
The logical inclusion when extra strength and safety is required
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louvre blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades now only able to be removed using a tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
Ideal for use more than 1 metre above ground level the Stronghold System provides added safety to the entire window opening.
Stronghold System Brochure
Details about the Stronghold System for high rise buildings.
The Stronghold® System: Manage fresh air, noise and fall prevention
Altair Louvre Windows with the Stronghold System by Breezway have been designed to increase strength and safety in multi-storey building designs.
- Available for 102mm and 152mm glass or aluminium blades.
Please note Off-Standard height limitations apply for the following:
102mm Altair Component System: Standard Height + 19mm to Standard Height + 31mm.
- Altair Component System available for installation into other framing systems.
- Available with the range of Altair Louvre options including the Powerlouvre and IGLU Systems.
- Heat soaked glass blades available for code compliance.
- Once installed, pins cannot be removed without specialised tools. Replacement pins required upon removal.
- Tested to NZS 4211-2008 “Specification for performance of windows”.
- Sphere and static load testing to ensure compliance with clause F4 and document B1 of the Building Code.
- Depending on the blade type, achieved 700N load and up to 1500N when open.
Note: Breezway Altair Louvre products are not a balustrade system. Nor are any other window types.
Balustrades are one type of barrier. Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System and suitable openings are another. It is always important to ensure that a particular barrier system complies with the relevant Building Codes and associated Standards.
Stronghold® System Load Test
The manual contains the following relevant topics.
- Blade Type Compatibility
- Powerlouvre System Compatibility
- Compliance with Balustrading Requirements
- Recommended Specifications