We began manufacturing jalousie windows (i.e. old style metal louvres) around 1935 and by the mid-1960’s our louvres were being exported to over 65 countries. Over the years the company has manufactured a number of other products including munitions (during the Second World War) and fluorescent lights, but aluminium louvre windows have always been a key part of the business. Today, Breezway is owned by JELD-WEN Australia Pty Limited.
Breezway is a member of the following professional bodies:
- The Australian Window Association.
- The Window Association of New Zealand.
- The American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association.
- The Window Energy Rating Scheme.
- The Window And Door Industry Council.
- The American Society for Testing and Materials.
- The National Association of Testing Authorities.
- The American Institute of Architects – Honolulu and Maui branches.
- The Building Designers Association of Australia.
- The Australian Industry Group.
- The US Green Council.
Today, Breezway is at the forefront of louvre window technology and design with a constant stream of product improvements flowing from our Brisbane-based R&D Centre. The R&D team facilities include advanced 3D modelling CAD software, on-site tooling and manufacturing facilities and an on-site NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities) approved window testing laboratory that allows new products to be tested and refined before being launched into the market. As a result, the team has developed many louvre window innovations which now hold international patents, including the award-winning Powerlouvre Window.
To ensure great customer service, Breezway maintains a direct presence in Brisbane, Perth, Darwin, Townsville, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Hawaii and Malaysia. Some of these local offices hold stock and have some manufacturing capabilities.
Working for Breezway
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team and new positions become available fairly regularly, so please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to hold on file. We’ll contact you should a suitable position open up.